Copy Paste Quotes

US government plans to increase number of white South Africans it admits as refugees

State department says Afrikaners in ‘emergency refugee situation’, a claim previously rebutted by South Africa

The US government has said it will increase the number of white South Africans it admits as refugees this year from about 7,500 to 17,500, claiming that “unforeseen developments in South Africa created an emergency refugee situation.”

Since starting his second term in office last year, Donald Trump has repeatedly made false claims that white Afrikaners are racially targeted and face a “white genocide”, which South Africa’s government has furiously rebutted.

Continue reading...

May 19, 2026 US immigration Trump administration South Africa

Need the full article?

Use the dedicated news page for the summary, then jump straight to the original source when you want the complete story.